We welcome those from near and far to the nation’s capitol for The Great Nurse-in!
The Great Nurse-in will be held on the West Lawn of the Capitol, located at the east end of the National Mall at E. Capitol St. and First St. NW, Washington, DC.
View U.S. Capitol in a larger map
Parking:There is very limited parking near the Capitol. There are some metered spots on surrounding streets, but more reliable, a few blocks walk away parking is available at Union Station.
Public Transportation: There are three subway stations close to the Capitol grounds:
- Union Station – Located at First Street, NW, and Massachusetts Avenue.
- Capitol South – Located at First Street between C and D Streets, SE.
- Federal Center, SW – Located at the southwest corner of Third and D Streets, SW.
- There are 3 DC-area airports – Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA), Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) and Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI). None of them are in the city, but DCA is located directly on the subway system (Metro) and is the closest to The Great Nurse-In
- Amtrak serves Union Station with trains from across the country
- There are several private bus companies offering services from New York and other east coast locations, including BoltBus.