All that planning, and it’s over so soon! We hope everyone had fun and stayed cool enough at the first annual Great Nurse-In. We want to see those beautiful photos of you and your family at this inaugural event. Email them to email@example.com, or connnect with us on Facebook www.facebook.com/greatnursein and Twitter at www.twitter.com/greatnursein. We can’t wait to see!
We want to be sure to thank our sponsors, our partners, our volunteers and planners, and most importantly - YOU! This great event couldn’t be if not for the moms and dads, families and friends, brothers and sisters, and support from all sorts of people in all our lives making sure to normalize breastfeeding.
The day may have come to a close, but there is still plenty you can do each and every day to help our shared cause. Check out the list below, and see you next year!
- Support with a donation: https://www.wepay.com/donations/greatnursein2012.
- Tell your friends:
- Share the Great Nurse-In page and event link on your Facebook page (www.facebook.com/greatnursein.)
- Follow us on Twitter (www.twitter.com/greatnursein), tweet about us (#GreatNurseIn2012), and retweet like crazy.
- Write about us on your blog. (If you do, tell us so we can link back!)
- Talk about us at parties, the park, your child’s school … you get the idea.
- Contribute to our YouTube project – www.youtube.com/TheGreatNurseIn. Upload your stories about nursing in public and offer encouragement for others. Be sure to use the tagline “Nurse on, Mama” and tag the videos “nurseonmama.”
- Craft letters to members of Congress to solicit their support of improved breastfeeding laws, including an enforcement contingency. You’ll be able to sign these letters online and we’ll pass them along to your delegates.
- KEEP DOING WHAT YOU’RE DOING! One of the most important ways we’re going to enact real change and make public breastfeeding a social norm is by nursing proudly supporting other nursing moms, and by setting an example for our children in our own communities.